[SML] tunnel of light effect

smashwolf at gmail.com smashwolf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:48:36 UTC 2015

On 8/17/15 8:40 AM, Bill Schaffell via Stagecraft wrote:
> Do any of you manipulators of light have experience with this laser?
> Laserword EL-200RGY.
> https://www.laserworld.com/shop/laserworld-lasers/ecoline-series/laserworld-el-200rgy-show-laser-light
> I need to do a tunnel of light effect in a room with only an 8'
> ceiling.  Or, I am open to other equipment suggestions. Thanks.
What country are you in?  AFAIK, audience scanning with lasers over 5mw
is still illegal in the USA.  The only system I know that works around
this is by Pangolin, released only about a year ago, it uses a lens to
de-focus and diffuse the beam to within allowed exposure limits in the
USA.  When I experienced the effect personally on the LDI tradeshow
floor in Las Vegas, it was diffuse enough you might as well use a
lighting effect.

Check your local laws, and also the ILDA (International Laser Display
Association) can help you determine what is possible with lasers in your
region.

--
Bryan Manternach, President, Smashwolf Productions & Studios
2883 Aiello Drive, Suite #3, San Jose, CA, 95111
408-363-8324, 408-209-3099 (mobile), smash at smashwolf.com