[SML] tunnel of light effect

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Fri Aug 21 20:42:01 UTC 2015

Hey Bill,
Don't know if youre still looking for info on this, but if you are...

What is the ambient lighting like in the room?
Do you have haze? (hint, you will need it to see the effect).

Most moving lights have a gobo similar to the old Vari*Lite "laser cone".  So you can probably get this affect with a fixture that you can rent locally.

If you do want to buy something, there are a few entry-to-mid-level lasers available from folks like Chauvet (my company), or ADJ.  Most of these have been replaced in our product lines with "Min" lasers (party effect lasers), which will NOT be able to do what you want.

If you do it with a Laser, stick to Green, as they have the highest apparent brightness (at the same power).
If you want any color besides Green (or the ability to change colors during the effect), you're better off with a moving light, or you are going to spend a lot on a bigger laser system.

-HTH