[SML] Razor Wire

Rob Jensen jensen at Parksquaretheatre.org
Wed Aug 19 20:41:20 UTC 2015

You don't have pics of the jig by any chance?

Sincerely,

Rob Jensen
Technical Director | Park Square Theatre
408 Saint Peter St. - Suite 110 | Saint Paul, MN 55102
651.767.8484

theatre for you. (yes you.)

Proscenium Stage  |  Elliot, A Soldier's Fugue Quiara Allegría Hudes, Sept 11 - Oct 4, 2015

Boss Stage |  Murder for Two Book by Joe Kinosian, Lyrics by Kellen Blair  Sept 18 - Nov 1, 2015

Season & Single Tickets on Sale | parksquaretheatre.org
Ticket Office: 651.291.7005 | 877.291.7001 (toll-free)
Support Park Square today!

-----Original Message-----
From: Stagecraft [mailto:stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net] On Behalf Of Dougherty, Jim via Stagecraft
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:22 PM
To: <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Dougherty, Jim
Subject: Re: [SML] Razor Wire

We did this (razor wire, not barbed wire) for a show. We used heavy gauge fence wire, plain. We set up a jig to pass the wire between two rolls of masking tape, which were made to stick to each other with the wire between. The razors were made by cutting the tape to the right shape/spacing. The finished product was painted silver and looks correct from only a short distance away. Ours was coiled, not flat, but that's all in how you mount it. It holds up pretty well; the show travelled and the wire was installed/removed nightly. It was labor intensive but not as bad as I thought. A good jig helps a lot.

Email me direct if you want pics or more details.

-  Jim Dougherty
ATD Middlebury College Theatre Dept.