[SML] Razor Wire

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Wed Aug 19 20:21:42 UTC 2015

We did this (razor wire, not barbed wire) for a show. We used heavy gauge fence wire, plain. We set up a jig to pass the wire between two rolls of masking tape, which were made to stick to each other with the wire between. The razors were made by cutting the tape to the right shape/spacing. The finished product was painted silver and looks correct from only a short distance away. Ours was coiled, not flat, but that's all in how you mount it. It holds up pretty well; the show travelled and the wire was installed/removed nightly. It was labor intensive but not as bad as I thought. A good jig helps a lot.

Email me direct if you want pics or more details.

-  Jim Dougherty
ATD Middlebury College Theatre Dept.