[SML] Dimming Cooling

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Aug 27 16:13:23 UTC 2015

When I figure cooling for switching power supplies (essentially what a
dimmer is), I figure 80% efficiency.  Tosses in a safety margin and as
the cooling system gets older (even if it's a single little fan) the
cooling efficiency falls off (mainly due to dirt buildup).

On 08/27/2015 08:03 AM, Nigel Worsley via Stagecraft wrote:

> Be careful with that 97% efficiency figure, it depends somewhat on
> dimmer size and in particular risetime.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand