[SML] Fwd: FW: Position: Electrician

Sean McCarthy seanrmccarthy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 22:44:40 UTC 2015

I can answer any question about this position as it reports to me.....

The Shakespeare Theatre Company seeks an Electrician to join a 4
person team. The Electrician will work on STC productions and
presentations, as well as rental events, at our Lansburgh theatre. The
successful candidate will have at least three years of professional
electrics experience and at least two years of professional console
programming. The primary responsibilities include programming and
running shows on an ETC Eos console.

Applicants must have significant ETC Eos/Ion programming experience,
experience with networked lighting controls, and be comfortable
managing and maintaining large and complex plots for several weeks at
a time.  Applicants should also have familiarity with Vectorworks,
Lightwright, moving lights, color scrollers, atmospherics,
adaptability with renters and high profile one-day events, and
experience with standard shop tools. This position requires a team
player, who is available to work varied hours (including many evenings
and weekends), able to regularly lift 50+ lbs unaided, comfortable on
lifts and ladders, and who can work successfully with both staff and
visiting artists in a fast-paced environment. The position is
seasonal, full-time with excellent benefits.

Please apply on our website at
http://www.shakespearetheatre.org/about/opportunities/jobs.aspx, or
you may send a cover letter, resume, and references to
employment at shakespearetheatre.org. The Shakespeare Theatre Company
recognizes the value of a work force made up of highly skilled people
from a variety of backgrounds. No phone calls please.