[SML] A question about scissor lift hour meters

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Sun Dec 6 07:15:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We are in the preliminary stages of looking for a used scissor lift in
the 20' platform height variety and electric powered.

There are several in area auctions coming up in the next several of
weeks and we don't really need one until February.

The auction listings have hour meter readings on 10-year old units in
the 200-400 hour range.

That doesn't seem like a lot of hours but the units, from the auction
catalog photos, have obviously seen a fair amount of use.

What is the hour meter measuring? Hours the pump is pumping, or hours
the lift is switched on and powered, or something else?

We figure we may be able to purchase a used unit for about what a 60-90
day rental would cost but if not then renting makes more sense. It's an
item that would be 'nice to have available' but we've gotten along
swimmingly so far without actually owning one.

Thanks in advance,

Carla

Fred's Bifurcate Law of Economic Independence: If you can't pay for it,
don't buy it; and if you don't need it, don't buy it. Fred Reed - Fred
on Everything