[SML] The Greasy Underbelly of Show Business -- Job Opening

Jonathan Deull jdeull at clarktransfer.com
Wed Dec 9 20:22:00 UTC 2015

Please feel free to share this job opening with anyone you think might be
interested and the right fit for this, and contact me or Barbara Bohn
(bbohn at clarktransfer.com) with questions:
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-based Clark Transfer is looking for a new member
of our team serving the transportation and logistics needs of the touring
theatre and live entertainment industries. Family-owned and operated since
1949, we are a small company dedicated to providing impeccable service to
our customers. Learn more about Clark at: www.clarktransfer.com. As a
Customer Service Manager, you will work closely with your colleagues in
representing Clark Transfer with current customers, proactively seeking
and developing relationships with potential new customers, working up and
negotiating bids and pricing, coordinating with the rest of the Clark
team, and addressing customer needs and concerns throughout the process.
You will be responsible for providing trucking services throughout the US
and Canada, as well as international transportation services including air
and sea shipments, along with associated customs, border-crossing, and
other procedures and documentation. This work requires:
· Commitment to serving the needs of our customers ­ ³whatever it takes² ­
(The Show Must Go On!)
· A fast and willing learner, able to assimilate, retain, and use complex
systems with lots of moving parts;
· A self-starter, able to operate effectively on your own and as part of a
close-knit team;
· The ability to work and thrive in a high-pressure, high stakes
environment in which change is a constant, and time is always of the
essence.
· A demonstrated willingness and ability to go ³above and beyond² to
resolve questions and solve problems creatively;
· Exceptional attention to detail;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening,
proofreading, and editing;
· Proficiency with mainstream business computer programs and database
management; and
· Good skills with numbers, including the ability to use, create, and
analyze spreadsheets and other quantitative tools.
Experience or familiarity with the live entertainment production industry,
the trucking industry, or both, will be extremely helpful but are not
required. As a practical matter, the person doing this job works as part
of the production team for multiple shows and companies managing a wide
range of theatrical, live entertainment, and television productions in the
US and internationally. The job is based in Harrisburg, PA.

Many thanks.
Jonathan
* * *
Jonathan Deull