[SML] swimming pool onstage

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Thu Dec 10 08:54:04 UTC 2015

> The water alone will weigh 64 lbs / cu ft.  that's before you put any
> structure around it.

Yep, roughly a ton per 4x8 foot area - for each foot of water depth. I don't
think any stage deck is designed to support the equivalent of several feet of
water over a large area.

Also, the water will need testing and chemical treatment - more than likely at
least once a day.

Tell the director and set designer -"No!". There is no reason why they cannot
fake there being water in a pool. We did so in a small community theatre (High
School Musical) and the audience was happy with the simulation.

Bill