[SML] Retracting Booth Window

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:12:12 UTC 2015

It's an interesting issue I struggle with a lot.  I don't like awning
- to easy for whatever holds it open to let go.  Use to be able to get
a single sash single hung window - perfect (and always better to go up
- or down - instead of sideways so the span of the lintel is half and
the wall doesn't get thick.  I suspect the people that use to make
chalk boards (if anyone remembers slate chalk boards) rigged and
counter weighted would have the hardware.  So I googled and only came
up with basic windows - two sashes - but frankly burying the upper
sash of a single or double hung window in a wall is probably cheaper
than designing a custom and the weatherstripping and tightness of even
inexpensive commodity windows would serve to limit noise transmission
well.  Goofy - yes - but pragmatic.  Just for kicks - glass size of 40
x 33 from Anderson in a standard unit.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC