[SML] Yet another Door Opens

My Gmail mptecdir at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 06:48:20 UTC 2015

Mike Katz <narishkup at gmail.com> Wrote:
Good Morning All,
About 4 years ago I told the list about my separation from a long term
employer who removed me and all of the technical staff with experience, for academic political  reasons......

Mike, I do remember your original post and I'm really glad things have all worked so well for you. You may remember about 10 years ago I was applying for a facilities manager position at "That other institution".
Even though I was looking forward to working in the same place as you, I'm now really glad I didn't get it.  It seems we both landed in far better places and are much happier for it.

Congrats on the new "Job".  I think you'll find the hardest thing about it will be ..... NOT working!  I strongly suggest you find "things" or projects to work on or you will go stir crazy!  (or drive a certain member of your family crazy) and then she will "find" projects for you!!  It's not like a vacation or summer break.  Did you ever actually take a summer "break"?
There's not a show, job, event etc. waiting at the end. Just.... more break.
Anyway I wish you well and hope your new "job" and my present one afford us the chance to meet again!

Michael Powers
ETCP Certified Rigger #820 (Re'td)
515-557-0178 cell