[SML] Yet another Door Opens

Dave Tosti-Lane davetostilane at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 21:02:47 UTC 2015

Congratulations Mike - it will be a fabulous adventure, these last few
months will alternately fly by and drag slowly by (perhaps confirming
the quantum universe model).

Michael suggests the need for a project to avoid going stir-crazy, but
my experience is that taking some time to simply enjoy NOT having a
project is a great thing. My transition was just about perfect for me
- I had an "outside" (or what I would have called "outside" when I was
still "inside") sound design to take on in the first months, imagine
my surprise to discover how much more fun that was without getting up
every morning to go back in to the college! And, in my case, I admit I
had a ready made project in "finishing" the remodel project we started
at the house (in 1994).
But, I have found a great deal of joy in the freedom to decide to wake
up and decide to accomplish nothing more on a particular day than to
read a book, enjoy some wine and take a walk or a bike ride.

Dave Tosti-Lane