[SML] Linux question

Bryan Manternach smashwolf at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:27:03 UTC 2015

There are many ways.  But what I do is mount it using NFS (network file system).  The underlying "guts" of everything graphical in Linux is non graphical.  The graphical interface uses many components to talk to files stems and not always the same methods.  Just because you map a network drive in one place doesn't mean other apps know about it.  However, everything seems to know about mounted filesystems.

Also, your network filesystems may be actually available on the underlying filesystems tree, just not where you know to look.  For instance, an "automounted" network filesystems may be under /net someplace.  Or it may be under /mount someplace.