[SML] Stapling Lauan

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Dec 29 20:03:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Randy Storms via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I need to build a number of Hollywood flats with 1/4" lauan faces - I have
> had difficulty in the past securing the skins in this situation - screws are
> too visible, and brads and staples pull right through.  I end up stapling
> and gluing, then repairing them after every performance.  Anyone have a
> secret trick?

Really? I have zero problems with 1/4" lauan and staples (with glue).
Sometimes I'd have trouble with the staples blowing through 1/8"
lauan, but even then, as soon as the glue was dry, things were OK.
Since I can only reliably get 1/4" anymore (and most recently, a 1/4"
or 3/16" "underlayment") - just glue and 3/4" staples with my Bostitch
air staplers work fine....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com