[SML] Stapling Lauan

Will Leonard wleonard at alleytheatre.org
Wed Dec 30 23:03:43 UTC 2015

We use Duo-Fast SureShot® 5424 Duo-Fast Stapler. It shoots a 3/16" crown staple (they call them wire staples) that doesn't blow through the lauan but holds really well. We use 3/8" or 1/2" leg staple. We used these style staplers when I worked at the Alliance as well. The best thing is the staples don't make too big of a ding in the lauan & therefore are really easy to putty if you have to, but if you are a big proscenium you might not even have to do that. Here's a link to the gun: http://www.itwindfast.com/tools/?toolID=20

This is with the caveat that we glue our skins on the frames.

-Will Leonard
Associate Technical Director
Alley Theatre
O: 713-315-5449