[SML] Tableau and Traveler Curtain Combo

Jamie Lindemann jalinde at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:43:47 UTC 2015

Hi, folks. When last we spoke, I was looking for advice on a practical
telephone setup, and I decided to go with a phone line simulator, which
worked great for cueing the ringing and letting the booth feed cues to the
performer during a one woman show. If we'd needed to get her back on track,
it would have been a lifesaver. Benefit of working with a pro, she never
needed to use the audio portion, but it was good to know we had it. Thanks
to everyone on the advice for that one!

This next show has a new wrinkle: We want to build a combo traveler/tableau
curtain set. When closed, we will tie off the operating lines for the
traveler curtain and manipulate the tableau feature. My thinking is to have
the "offstage" pulleys for the tableau curtain attached to the carriers for
the traveler, so that the operating line for the tab curtains rides along
and is in place when the curtains are closed. I think some carabiners
attached to a few carriers will help guide the tab operating line along the
back of the curtains so it doesn't droop and get tangled in the other
hardware, but still let the rope pay out as we open and close.

So, my question: Have any of you attempted this combo before? My main
concern is the operating lines for everything getting fouled either on
other hardware or their own pulley, since we can't keep a constant tension
on the tab operating lines without halting the traveler function. Thoughts?

--
Jamie Lindemann
540-449-3132
jalinde at gmail.com