[SML] Masking Projector Black

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Fri Feb 6 23:23:02 UTC 2015

Not exactly matching your description:

The opera company is using their projector (smallish by some) in the booth shooting through the window.  We tape some cardboard onto the window as a top masking to reduce (but it doesn’t eliminate) the top of the beam on the underside of the balcony.

Our distance to the stage is far enough we don’t see projector light on stage.

I would not be concerned with the black wrap burning away.  Put your hand in front of the lens.  Does the image burn your hand?  Get toasty?

I make no claims as to knowledge about the foil causing the lens to crack.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:Andrew.riter at ubc.ca>