[SML] Masking Projector Black

Jason Salvatori theatretd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 17:19:50 UTC 2015

 I've always had issues trying this in the past.  The problem is that
in front of the lens you are already past the focal plane, so you
can't get a hard cut.  It is akin to using barn doors on a fresnel as
opposed to a shutter on an ERS.   Having your blocking material a bit
further in front of the lens does help a bit. I've also found that
doing this will lower your output intensity of the rest of the image.
What we need is someone to invent a projector with internal shutters
that are DMX controlled... Jerry?

Jason