[SML] funky power

Dorian Kelly illuminati500 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:41:29 UTC 2015

The power to the electronics is derived from the phase with the loose connection? Just a guess..

> On 18 Feb 2015, at 08:26, tech dept via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> Let me guess.
> A loose screw on a branch panel breaker (3-phase). With a three phase motor under load, somewhere else in the building and the contact was heating up on the crest of the sine wave and dropping out.
> On the backside of the sine wave don't expect ringing so I'm not looking at false triggering from dv/dt. Different brand substitution similar problems tosses out the filtering/regulation question on the triggering ramp circuit. I'm at a loss why your AC dimmers are so touchy.
> So, what was the cause?
> You got me very curious.

Dorian Kelly

Illuminati Creative Group. Illuminati has interesting and original ideas for the arts, their buildings and their technologies - UK and the world
3 Gladstone Road, Colchester CO1 2EB 01206 798076 / 07770 950964
email   dorian at theatrearts.biz
website http://www.theatrearts.biz

illuminati500 at gmail.com