[SML] Projector dowser redux

Jason Salvatori theatretd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:09:06 UTC 2015

I have built the CD tray one myself with very little work.

Mine is a cd/DVD drive from an old PC.  I have an ATX computer power
supply sitting beside it, with pins 13 and 14 jumped with an on/off
rocker switch.
 The ATX PSU feeds power to the drive.
I opened the front of the drive, and soldered a momentary switch (NO)
across the same solder points as the open/close button on the front of
the drive.
That's it for the mechanical part.

If you have enough space by your projector to have the drive sit a
full tray away from it,  rglue or tape your flag (cardboard,
construction paper, etc) to the outside of the tray.

If your drive has to sit right beside the lens (as is mu case) put
some flat black gaff tape on both sides of the tray to fill the
opening in the middle of the tray.

And you're done.

Email me off list if you need pictures or drawings and I'll see what I
can put together for you.

Jason