[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Mon Feb 23 18:51:37 UTC 2015

The local theatre may finally have some money to replace our ancient AMX
dimmer packs and I am looking for some advice and rough cost estimates.

I would like to get a rack with a capability of at least 48 dimmers - 96 would
be better. Depending on cost, we might start out with as few as 24 dimmers
(the current level) and add more as funds become available.

Possible funding is around $20,000 and I would prefer new equipment if possible.

DMX control is mandatory, network control capability would be a nice bonus.

Also, does anyone have an idea how much it costs to upgrade the building
electrical service? I don't know if what we have would handle 96 dimmers.

Bill