[SML] Cheap dimming of a large load

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:10:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Patrick McCreary <vze2gmht at verizon.net>
wrote:

>  I have a couple of old Scrimmer 3.6KW 12-packs - you're welcome to them.
> They run on 0-10VDC, which shouldn't be very difficult to come up with.
>
> Reply to <<gpatrick at iup.edu> <gpatrick at iup.edu>> if you're interested.
>
> Patrick

Thanks, I'll let you know if the boss people are OK with used (I suspect
they will be, given the costs).

On critical thing I forgot to mention is that we much prefer they run on
220V. As it we might have a 50K step-down transformer available, so I may
be able to work with 120V.

I'm somewhat surprised no one has said "here's where you can get
stand-alone open-frame dimmer modules," but maybe they don't really exist,
which is why my googling isn't turning up results.

Thanks,
Michael