[SML] Genie lift safety

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Fri Feb 27 21:12:39 UTC 2015

To join in with Duncan Mahoney, the Genie that we have will go into alarm
if it sits still for too long.  It¹s a quick fix, simply turn it off and
on again, and it can be done from either the floor or the basket using the
emergency stop switch.  It¹s a good reminder that you¹ve left the lift on,
I suppose, and can save battery life.  It could also alert other people in
the building if someone was working alone and had an accident, leading to
the lift sitting for a short while.  Usually though, it¹s as if the lift
is saying,²Yo, dummy, you left me on.  Did you want a dead battery?
Because that¹s how you get a dead battery.²

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Department