[SML] L21-30 power supply

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 28 23:33:50 UTC 2015

Richard

I had forgotten your power distribution systems, which I consider
mildly insane. Most users receive all or part of a three-phase,
four-wire feed, plus an earth wire. While the high voltage
distributions are three-phase delta, only really heavy power users get
anywhere a delta system. Places such as steel mills, for example.

For the rest, I regard your systems  with a delta distribution, with
one side centre-tapped to provide a pseudo-neutral as wholly
insanitary. Westinghouse was right, and Edison wrong.

Yes, with one phase missing,  the neutral current will be higher than
normal. At this time of night, I am not prepared to start the
calculations. But don't forget that the return current from the
missing phase will not be flowing in the neutral.

--
Frank Wood