[SML] Houston Questions

Jeremiah Minh Grünblatt roadhat at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 1 00:30:34 UTC 2015

Folks,

I am suddenly following my partner down to Houston, TX next week to design
and build a show she’s directing. This is an emergency replacement situation
that I will coyly not elaborate on publicly (for the moment) as my agreeing
to the job is entirely about supporting my fiancé and not meant as an
endorsement of the recent behavior of the company to which she’s contracted.

That being said, I have a couple of questions for those familiar with the
area, the first being, Who want’s a drink (we’ll be based in The Heights)?
Also wondering about favorite general hardware stores? Lumber yards? Thrift
shops? Fabric stores? Any recommended local vendors for more theatrically
specific supplies (i.e., Gaff Tape, Fog Fluid, etc.)?

And, most specifically, any thoughts on a local vendor which might stock
straight wooden ladders in the 10’ to 12’ range? No A-frames, no extensions.

Thanks all. Happy New Year.

J. Minh

PS – Oh, and thoughts on securing a great deal of scrap newspapers or raw
newsprint?