[SML] Gobo high temp tape

Mick Alderson alderson at uwosh.edu
Tue Jan 6 22:13:02 UTC 2015

Dan Sheehan wrote:

> Random reflected light bouncing around in the instrument
> can also make it impossible to get a good focus[esp on a gobo]

But, when the base is as thin as foil tape or black wrap, then making it black means it will turn absorbed light into heat much faster and melting of the foil or disintegration of the stickup could become an issue. Remember what happened to even stainless steel gobos before dichroic reflectors? As usual, it depends on a lot of factors. Personally, I'd try silver foil tape first, and only try black if the flare Dan mentions becomes an issue.

Mick Alderson
TD Fredric March Theatre
alderson at uwosh.edu