[SML] OT: Cultural Arts programming at your educational institution

Chip chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:54:03 UTC 2015

+1
Had same problems in wife's HS when she ran the theater program, There
are venues that are using smart phones in the audience for immediate
feedback.  It is not only OK to have non-traditional casting, it should
be totally color, age, and gender blind.  Put yourselves in somebody
else's shoes.  This takes some cojones on your and the Admin's part, but
what you have now is broke.  Try flashy lights and sound, allow the
audience to stand and dance esp for concert.  Work a little traditional
stuff between and maybe you might hook a few that never heard that cool
stuff before.

Chip 1