[SML] designer responsibility, was Newspaper Scenic Treatment

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:39:26 UTC 2015

Dear Paul,
If the Designer demands a certain Pantone or non-Pantone ink or paint
color, I hand him or her a company credit card tell them to get what
they need, hand me the receipt, and don't complain if it doesn't look
'right' to them. Their risk.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Paul Guncheon via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I kinda started this little tempest in response to this:
>
> <<I'm pretty sure Lowe's sells the stuff pre-mixed in 5 gal. buckets, but
> that's a purchase my designer usually makes.>>
>
> The original poster clarified his statement with this opening line:
>
> <<My designer is a colleague...>>
>
> I would not have reacted if the statement had read:
>
> << but that's a purchase my colleague usually makes.>>
>
> I have no objection to doing occasional scut work as a designer to
> make things easier on everyone. The grid knows things are tough
> enough... especially with one of my more demanding designs. However,
> the original post seems to imply that "picking up stuff at Lowe's" is
> part and parcel the designer's responsibilities at this particular
> venue. I simply wanted to point out that I do not think that this is
> part of a designer's normal duties.
>
> It can certainly be part of a colleague's.
>
> Laters,
>
> Paul 1

/s/ Richard
_________