[SML] Deluge systems

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:05:33 UTC 2015

Does the small one have sprinklers ("heads") that have fusible links
in place and the large one no links - i.e.: just open sprinklers?  And
could there be a compressor somewhere?  A dry pipe with air is
sometimes used as the detector for a deluge system, so when t a
sprinkler on the small sense line opens from heat, the drop in air
pressure opens the main valve.

Or it could be what Andrew said or something else entirely.  I must
say 2.75" is small.  I kind of wonder if this is a kludge with soaker
system elements.  A lot of engineers and/or contractors do only one of
these in a great while and don't always know what they don't know.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC