[SML] Prop Weapon Question - Legality

Jeremiah Minh Grünblatt roadhat at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 17:10:08 UTC 2015

Sorry to bring this back around to my original post so late in the thread,
but I have a moment for a few more details.
Thanks for all the links, I will certainly reach out to my local PD when I
get back to NYC, and decide whether to pursue the licensing process.

At the moment I am trying to loan some personal props to the company I am
working for in Houston. They are happy to accept the free rental but have
informed me that they can not ship the items back to me because FedEx will
not ship "firearms" and NY will not allow me to receive them if they did.
Hence my theoretical offer to sell them locally and be done with the
headache.

Alternatively, any recommendations for prop-weapon rental solutions in
Houston might solve the issue. We need a pistol of proper weight and size
but have no need to fire or operate mechanically beyond releasing the
magazine. Also need some replicas that will never leave their shoulder
holsters, weight not an issue, really more of a costume piece.

Thanks as always all.

J. Minh