[SML] Bright LED tape or other for light boxes?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Jan 9 19:59:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Andrew Vance <atvanceld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last season we used City Theatrical's RGBNW QolorFlex tape for similar
> applications: washing the deck underneath a low overhanging
> cantilevered platform and lighting up a plexi window set 0'-4" from a
> black wall.  We had very good success with both applications.
> The window was very successful.  We put the LED tape about 0'-4" back
> from the edge of the window opening facing in towards the window.
> Worked great.
>
> City Theatrical isn't the only one that sells it.  We found some
> RGB[+W sometimes] on Amazon that was compatible with our wireless and
> low-voltage dimmers and it works just as well as the CT stuff.

Andrew, thanks! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I looked
at the City Theatrical tape (and yes, it appears to be the same
spec-wise that a variety of other vendors have).

What are you using for wireless/low voltage dimmers?  I"m also
interested in making a "burn barrel" type of fire-in-a-drum thing, as
well.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com