[SML] Bright LED tape or other for light boxes?

Andrew Vance atvanceld at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:02:45 UTC 2015

Last season we used City Theatrical's RGBNW QolorFlex tape for similar
applications: washing the deck underneath a low overhanging
cantilevered platform and lighting up a plexi window set 0'-4" from a
black wall.  We had very good success with both applications.  The
problem we had with underlighitng the cantilevered deck was the lower
deck was gloss black, so we ended up seeing every single LED
reflected.

The window was very successful.  We put the LED tape about 0'-4" back
from the edge of the window opening facing in towards the window.
Worked great.

City Theatrical isn't the only one that sells it.  We found some
RGB[+W sometimes] on Amazon that was compatible with our wireless and
low-voltage dimmers and it works just as well as the CT stuff.

--
Sincerely,

Andrew Vance
Lighting Designer