[SML] Fwd: refill inks for plotters

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sat Jan 10 17:02:26 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Paul Guncheon via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I later bought a low end HP printer. In fact I bought
> 3 or 4 of them as the price of the printer, which included full size
> ink cartridges, was cheaper than the ink carts. alone.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone who reads this list: the
printers are loss leaders for the manufacturers. They make their money
(and big money at that) on the expendables.  Back in the 90's I used
to direct and/or post-produce training and marketing videos for both
Epson and HP.  It is no industry secret that they make the printers as
cheaply as possible, because they're honestly giving them away with a
full set of ink carts.

I can't tell you how much I hate inkjets.  And, of course, I print one
or two color sheets or CDs a month, and I have to be irritated firing
up the printer, and hearing it klunk and klank for 10 minutes, as it
purges unused ink from the heads, only to give me a "low ink"
alarm....  Out of $70 or $80 of ink, I might get 10 print jobs.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com