[SML] Fwd: refill inks for plotters

Chad Croteau cpcroteau at bell.net
Sat Jan 10 19:27:57 UTC 2015

John,

Are you by chance using an Epson printer?

I've owned HP, Canon and Epson printers, and by far the WORST of them was
the Epson.  Crazy expensive cartridges, and TERRIBLE page yield per
cartridge.

The best I've had were the Canon printers.  I own a Canon Pixma Pro900 and
printing 13x19 full colour photo quality pages, I can get about 15-20 per
set of cartridges.  Doing regular page printing for documents and such, I
can get dozens of full colour 8.5 x 11 pages or about 100 b&w pages of text
at high quality.

I'm not an expert, but your yield sounds incredibly low.  Recycle the
printer and get something else.  Would a colour laser printer make more
sense, given how little colour you actually use?

Just my thoughts.

Chad

John Ares wrote:

I can't tell you how much I hate inkjets.  And, of course, I print one or
two color sheets or CDs a month, and I have to be irritated firing up the
printer, and hearing it klunk and klank for 10 minutes, as it purges unused
ink from the heads, only to give me a "low ink"
alarm....  Out of $70 or $80 of ink, I might get 10 print jobs.