[SML] Fwd: refill inks for plotters

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sat Jan 10 20:05:13 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Chad Croteau <cpcroteau at bell.net> wrote:
> Are you by chance using an Epson printer?
>
> I've owned HP, Canon and Epson printers, and by far the WORST of them was
> the Epson.  Crazy expensive cartridges, and TERRIBLE page yield per
> cartridge.
>
> The best I've had were the Canon printers.  I own a Canon Pixma Pro900 and
> printing 13x19 full colour photo quality pages, I can get about 15-20 per
> set of cartridges.  Doing regular page printing for documents and such, I
> can get dozens of full colour 8.5 x 11 pages or about 100 b&w pages of text
> at high quality.
>
> I'm not an expert, but your yield sounds incredibly low.  Recycle the
> printer and get something else.  Would a colour laser printer make more
> sense, given how little colour you actually use?

Heh... yeah, I will *never* buy another Epson printer as long as I
live. I use a laser printer for all my day-to-day printing (which
still isn't much) but on those occasions where I need color, I'm using
a Canon Pixma MG6320 (because I need to print DVDs or CDs on
occasion), and an HP Officejet 7000 for 11x17 at home.  (At work I
have an HP 450 plotter.)

Friends Don't Let Friends use Epson. (Unless they're independently
wealthy, and appreciate printers that will jam and bits of plastic
will break off, as well.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com