[SML] Laying a Masonite floor without using fasteners

Matt mjedesigner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:37:29 UTC 2015

I'm hoping someone will share their tips on laying a masonite floor without using screws or staples.

The floor ithat we are covering up Is linoleum-your typical floor found it in any classroom.

We started to lay it with gaffers tape leaving a pennies width of spacing between each sheet. There are several spots that are starting to bubble up. I should also point out that the Masonite is raw and has not been painted yet.  I'm not sure once a gets painted if that will actually help or make it worse.  Let's hope for the better.

I would appreciate anybody's brilliant ideas on how to get rid of the bubbling.

Thank you,
Matt Evans-Technical Director
The University of Dayton
513-464-3854