[SML] Laying a Masonite floor without using fasteners

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Jan 15 00:20:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Steven Hood via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Sounds like it's pulling in moisture from the atmosphere. I'd pull it up,
> put a moisture barrier down, paint both sides of the maso (make aure the
> edges get it, too), let it dry overnight, then lay it down and nail it in
> place with a concrete nailer. Lots of nails (think 8" centers in a grid)...
> Others may have even more to suggest...

I'm betting this is a floor that needs to be removed afterwards, though...

Like Steven said, paint ALL sides/edges.  After that, I'd re-lay it
with the gaff. I like the moisture barrier idea, but may be overkill.
But definitely need to paint all surfaces of the maso first.
(Hopefully you're using something thicker than 1/8" hardboard - that
stuff will warp just by looking at it.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com