[SML] Motors on UPSs

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 15 23:03:47 UTC 2015

> Has anyone ever put motors on UPS/battery backup?
>
> The project I'm working on has two 8,000 pound motion bases, they each use
> 6 motors and draw 60 amps per base at 220V 3 phase. Here's a sample
> picture:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Motion_platform_6_axis.JPG
> +++++

 This is looks a motion base for a simulator ride.   Wouldn't the base manufacturer know?  Is it ckas as in the picture or Moog or other?    Is Michael Finney still on this list or at least lurking?  he'd likely know if it is a "standard" procedure anywhere or could perhaps point you in a direction.

DickA
TD, Cornell U