[SML] Motors on UPSs

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:28:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>  This is looks a motion base for a simulator ride.   Wouldn't the base
> manufacturer know?  Is it ckas as in the picture or Moog or other?    Is
> Michael Finney still on this list or at least lurking?  he'd likely know if
> it is a "standard" procedure anywhere or could perhaps point you in a
> direction.

It is indeed a simulator ride. It's my first professional project since I
made the change from IT to theater/show control, and I've very much been
thrown into the deep end of the pool. It's obviously exciting, but very
challenging, made all the more so dealing with the international aspects.

The base manufacturer (not CKAS or Moog) doesn't have any specific advice.
They said they're sure their clients have done stuff like this before, but
that the client's engineering team (in this case, that's me!) handled it.
The project's electrical engineer/contractor also has not been able to
offer much assistance. Hence, why I'm reaching out.

This is being installed in March/April, I'll come back afterwards and brag
about it to everyone, with pictures.

Michael S.