[SML] Motors on UPSs

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:13:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Richard Niederberg <ladesigners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why can't a few dozen 100ton hydraulic rams work, with fast-acting
> battery-driven electric valves that open/close in nanoseconds? [Think of
> the fast-acting valves for the fountains in front of the Bellagio hotel in
> Las Vegas]
> /s/ Richard

They probably would work great, except these two electric motion bases are
completed, and where already halfway built when I was brought onto the
project. At which point I opened my big mouth and asked "but how do they
handle the questionable power in Brazil?"

And he who asks, gets to figure it out.

If this first project works out, it's supposedly going to be repeated in
nine more locations. We'll be applying the lessons learned here....