[SML] Confederate flag, sorry.

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Fri Jul 3 12:30:09 UTC 2015

On 7/2/2015 5:32 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft wrote:
> We did a play a few years ago (Good) for which we needed a lot of Nazi flags.  Fairly easy to obtain, except for the 40' wide one we had to build.   I always wondered what the administration thought about our buying things from obviously right wing organizations.   I hope no  one ever has a problem obtaining these, the Confederate flag., or any other flag deemed inappropriate.

Dick, we are theatre people, if we cannot buy it, we will make it. If
you need an Electric Chair for Assassins, you won't bemoan
the fact that nobody sells one, you'll give the request to props, and
they'll create it.

I wouldn't shed a single tear if the only way people could get either a
Confederate or Nazi flag would be to paint it for themselves.

Note that I spent my morning in the Museum adjacent to the site of the
Nuremburg rallies, and the only thing that makes me currently fit to
associate with people was a period of time in Courtroom 600 where some
of those bastards were sent off to be stretched after they lost the war.

I might not be completely objective.

Stuart