[SML] Google Project Fi

Mick Alderson alderson at uwosh.edu
Fri Jul 10 20:50:01 UTC 2015

As long as we're talking hybred wfi/cell plans, I've been using Republic
Wireless for about a year and a half. From what I've read of Google Fi,
they seem to be borrowing Republic's model. Republic uses their own build
of Motorola phones (mine is a first gen Moto X). When on cell they use the
Sprint backbone, but will roam on other networks when Sprint is not
available. It's worked pretty far from Sprint coverage areas. No
international cell options (yet) but my son has used his when in Europe as
a wifi-only phone. There are different plans available. I'm on the
$25/mo-3G data plan. but there is a 4G data plan for $40/ mo. I don't
watch video on my phone, so 3G is still way more than I need. YMMV.

I've been pleased with it.

--
Mick Alderson
Steward, EAA