[SML] Masonite Stage Floor Issue

Chad Croteau cpcroteau at bell.net
Thu Jul 16 21:30:26 UTC 2015

Hi Matthew,

On our stage here at the college we are having the same issue, except that the black tough prime is also not sticking to Rosco scenic paints. We repaint our deck after every show, and the scenic treatment is done with Rosco scenic paints, then covered with tough prime.  The tough prime peels off and flakes off.

I've noticed a significant change in the thickness and texture of tough prime over the last few years.  Back in my time as a venue TD, tough prime was the thickness of pudding and super black coming out of the pail,  now it's like any other scenic paint in terms of viscosity.  I don't have a solution for you as we are looking for one too.

Chad