[SML] Masonite Stage Floor Issue

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:53:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Chad Croteau via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> On our stage here at the college we are having the same issue, except that
> the black tough prime is also not sticking to Rosco scenic paints. We
> repaint our deck after every show, and the scenic treatment is done with
> Rosco scenic paints, then covered with tough prime.  The tough prime peels
> off and flakes off.
>
> I've noticed a significant change in the thickness and texture of tough
> prime over the last few years.  Back in my time as a venue TD, tough prime
> was the thickness of pudding and super black coming out of the pail,  now
> it's like any other scenic paint in terms of viscosity.  I don't have a
> solution for you as we are looking for one too.
>
> Chad

Thanks Chad.  I have felt the same thing but saying anything bad about
a Rosco product is considered heresy by some.  I think it did change a
few years ago.  Less acrylic or different acrylic maybe, or something.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC