[SML] more theatre design thoughts...

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:10:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Bill Conner via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Worst - legions of high school auditoriums designed by people that had
> no clue as to what the issues are in designing auditoriums and stages,
> didn't know they didn't know, and have consequently turned off
> millions of students from ever being interested in or appreciating the
> performing arts. A pox upon those people and whomever aided and
> abetted them.

While I've had to deal with many odd school performance spaces, if the
space is sufficiently bad to detract from the students'
appreciation/interest in the arts, there are larger problems with the
program that cannot likely be addressed by a better/newer facility.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer