[SML] Glazing of Control Booths

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:22:09 UTC 2015

Dear Chip.
That is partially correct. When I worked on the Sensurround system for the
movie 'Earthquake', we made audience members feel the 'quake' in their gut,
using subsonic sound. The A1 still regulates the intensity from the FOH
position.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Chip Wood via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Richard, Richard, Richard- you said it yourself "sub-sonic".  Who cares if
> the mics can't pick it up, neither can the ears.  For a freq that low you
> feel the vib in your tush, not your ears.
>
> Chip 1
> On 7/30/2015 4:09 PM, Richard Niederberg via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> Dear Alex,
>> And how do you handle a <8 hz subsonic rumble that you want to introduce
>> subtly for a realistic earthquake or helicopter effect that creeps up on
>> the audience, if the microphones can't faithfully pick up accurately at
>> that frequency?
>> /s/ Richard

/s/ Richard
_________