[SML] Glazing of Control Booths

Alex Donkle adonkle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:42:45 UTC 2015

Just my experience, but when I've mixed using headphones I've found
dynamics significantly harder to judge than mixing with speakers.
Headphones of any kind tend to compress the sound, which can be great
for finding errors while sound editing, but difficult to deal with
while mixing.

That said, there's also been a few major bands that have toured with a
separate control-booth truck with studio monitors and video cameras,
so the A1 mixes the concert from the truck outside the venue.

Alex