[SML] Audio levels

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:34:26 UTC 2015

Question for those of you in road houses or presenter situations:

I just received a rider where they specify that "Sound control and level
is at the Company's discretion, but every reasonable effort will be made
to accommodate Presenter's request."

My answer to this was a polite "hell no."  My venue, my gear, my
audience.  I get the final say on audio levels.

Is this a common request on riders?  I don't get many road shows, and it
hasn't cropped up on the few that have been through here.  Does anyone
one else give up complete control of their sound system to the show?

Steve L.
--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall