[SML] High Output UV Sources?

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 15:17:40 UTC 2015

"Dale Farmer" <dale at cybercom.net> said;
> Also if your costume shop doesn't have a UV fixture
> available to test all costumes  for unintended flourescent
> effects, they should be provided with  one.

You prompted me to think of other unintended results;

They also need to test if the lady's underwear glow through the fabric.

The set may glow in unexpected ways.

The stage markings may glow enough to become an distraction.

If the UV light goes into the audience, people may be distracted as they examine their own glowing clothing.

Of course, it is difficult to truly test things early in the design phase.  But, you can check the fabrics before they are sewn, and perhaps test the UV on a set currently on the stage. The closer to reality that you test, the more confident you can be about the results.

Joe Dunfee
jdunfee12 at yahoo.com