[SML] Trap Lift

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:35:46 UTC 2015

Dear Tom,
Since we have gone through the off-the-shelf answers, I'd like to note the
success of the Orpheum Theatre in downtown LA has had using the business
end of a forklift to lift/lower their Theatre Organ console in sight of the
audience.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Bill Conner via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Thomas Marhenke via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> > What products do people on the list use in a trap room for a lift?
> Trying
> > to figure out what others are using so I can present them to a committee
> on
> > our campus that will hopefully help us get something.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom
>
> You asked about this a month ago and had a lot of replies.  Are you
> looking for other ones? Could be why you have gotten some less than
> serious replies so far.
>
> You really have to focus on size and other uses - a fixed platform
> size or are you looking for lifting mechanisms you can reconfigure?
> Speed? People or just scenery and props? Noise?
>
> I work in an intalls world - new buildings with systems and equipment
> - and it's Gala or Serapid today as the options for theatres.  When I
> see lifts tailored to a production, generally one off custom
> creations, though the parts might be reuseable.  Max load and speed
> are number one, and your noise tolerance level, followed by your
> ability to modify and build - especially guides and safeties.
>

> --
> Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC

/s/ Richard
_________